Saturday, June 14, 2008

Some new favorites

I really love dragonflies. Well, cute bugs in general: butterflies, lady bugs, dragonflies. I'm not a fan of, say, potato bugs.

So when I saw these little silver dragonfly beads I had to buy them. At the same time, I also bought some fantastic aurora borealis trapezoidal-shaped keystone beads. I put them together with the dragonflies and I'll be darned if I don't want to keep a pair for myself, but I won't [edit: I found enough beads for two more pair, so I'm keeping one. Made them with the dragonflies pointing up this time and have one more pair that can either be put on threads or wires). Maybe I'll buy more dragonflies and keystones, if I can find them, and make more in a while. :)
As you can see from the tape measure, the dangle themselves are only an inch, so they're not very large nor heavy. They change color depending upon the light, and as usual, all metal is sterling silver.

The only real difference between the two pair is that one pair is on threads and one on wire.

The cost of the ear threads is $26.25 and the ones on ear wires is $22.25 I have a feeling these won't last long enough to make it into the store, when it finally opens.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Yeah, I may need those dragonfly earrings... Forget about it Etsy!

I tagged you on my blog - go check it out to see what I'm talking about. Looking forward to seeing your responses!
http://noplacelikehome-theresa.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'll make sure save a pair and have them waiting here for you when you come over. :)

Sandi said...

Told you she'd want them. :o)

Hey Theresa!